Shelly
If I've never mentioned it, the best recipes are never my own. Again, this one comes from my Mom-mom. It's one that she's cooked for years, and, for some reason, she thinks that Jared's the only one who likes them. . . So, she makes extra for him (spoiled brat) but not for the rest of us. So, this year, I decided to make a batch for myself. I'm sure that I'll bring most of them to the Cookie Swap at the library. It's going to be next Saturday at 10:30 if you want something to do that morning. We're also making beeswax candles. Just bring some cookies, your recipe, and a sense of fun! Anyhow, when we were eating Thanksgiving dinner, I asked Mom-mom for this recipe. She mailed it to me this week, and I noticed (I guess because it was on her ice cream recipe too) that she always writes "Good Luck" on the bottom of her recipes. I wonder if she thinks that the recipes are that hard - or that I'm that awful of a cook. Anyhow, these are awesome and are well worth the work. This does make a pretty big batch, so if you're eating them yourself, you may want to half it.


Peanut Butter Balls


1 24 oz. package of Chocolate Almond Bark
(for reasons which I will demonstrate later chocolate chips are not an acceptable substitute)


1 stick butter
2 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 box powdered sugar (or just over 3 1/2 cups)
3 c. Wheaties or corn flakes or Special K or whatever kind of generic tasting cereal you have on hand, crushed

In a bowl mix all ingredients except the Chocolate Almond Bark.
If the mixture is soft, refrigerate it before you form the balls. . . if you used too much powdered sugar, feel free to roll away.

Melt the bark and dip the balls into the chocolate. Cool on waxed paper and then return them to the fridge (or freezer if you're working on them in advance).



This is what happens when you try to use chocolate chips. Obviously, chocolate chips would be an awful idea. However, tonight, I'm sleepy. I didn't have the recipe with me at the store, and I guessed chocolate chips. Lesson learned. I will be forced to bottle this and use it on ice cream. The important thing to remember as a chef is that sometimes, you have to make sacrifices.


2 Responses
  1. So, you're bringing these to the Chrismakkah celebration? :)


  2. Shelly Says:

    Ummm, now I didn't say THAT. . . I don't suppose that I mentioned earlier that they turned out to be a huge pain in the butt to make? Great, but a pain. I think this is going to be a once a year recipe. I'll find something equally yummy, though.