Sarah Ferstel
Stacie and I, NYE 2007

Well, the collection of contributors to this blog is clearly incomplete without my dear friend Stacie who is one of my favorite baketresses. Stacie makes awesome cupcakes, cookies, Oreo truffle thingies, and, well, non-desserts as well. This past week she invited me over for turkey burgers with Gruyere cheese, sweet potato fries, and a tomato salad that was simple and delicious. We finished off the meal with espresso cupcakes - yum!

At dinner, I told Stacie that I had offered to make cupcakes as a wedding cake for my friend Kate's wedding. My biggest obstacle, so far, has been the frosting and Stacie offered to teach me her buttercream icing recipe. Once I get a hang of it, I'll post the recipe (with pictures) here.

So, welcome Stacie and get posting!


Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    Hey! We were supposed to get together this week to do the frosting! Let's resched!

    I tried making it again this weekend, and I nailed it... So, that's good. It may NOT be a good fit though, because it's a swiss meringue buttercream frosting, so it's really light and fluffy... I don't know if that will go well with your theme/types of cupcakes. However, we can always taste test and figure it out! Do you want to come over tonight?

    stacie